What is International Condom Day?
International Condom Day (ICD) is an informal holiday usually observed on February 13 in conjunction with Valentine’s Day. ICD promotes safer sex awareness in a fun and creative way while encouraging people to use condoms.
Join in on the fun as we celebrate ICD by reminding everyone that condoms are “Always in Fashion.”
Where’s the fashion sense in condoms you might ask?
They’re practical: easy to carry and are the most affordable way to avoid sexually transmitted infections and unplanned pregnancies.
They make a statement about your priorities: you care about your health and that of your partner.
They express who you are: with hundreds of sizes, textures, colors and flavors, you can stick with what you like or change it up every time.
And most importantly: they give you peace of mind, so you can relax and focus on the fun.
“In partnership with Impulse São Paulo and Municipal STD / AIDS Program – São Paulo City we will carry out two prevention and education actions for the consistent use of condoms:
(Action 01) Distribute condoms for the “”foliões”” (carnival fans) with the support of the 10 mobile health units spreaded throughout the city for 9 days (from February 5th to February 13th) during the parades of the carnival blocks.
(Action 02) On Paulista Avenue, during the city ‘s carnival party (12th, February – Sunday – all day)
AHF Cambodia organizes the International condom day on 11 Feb/ 14 Feb 2018 . The event campaign of providing Free HIV testing and condom promotion will take place in conjunction with the Valentine Day 2018 on 14 Feb . In collaboration with NGOs’ partners, National AIDS Authority, Provincial Health Department, Provincial govermors to organize the event will be held in the shopping venues, entertainment venues, traffic places along the border of Cambodia and Thailand.
It could be a ball-masquerade at the Narva College of the University of Tartu. The entrance ticket to the event should be a fancy dress decorated with LOVE condoms. The duration of the event will be about 3 hours. The number of expected guests — 150.
In the program of the event there will be a host with funny contests and quizzes, fashion show with participation of models in dresses decorated with LOVE condoms, a lottery with branded souviners and LOVE condoms from Linda Clinic, illusion show prepared specially for the event, a cold table with soft drinks and snacks. The finale of the evening should be a fire show at the Town Hall square and a disco.
Also during the event there will be free HIV testing arranged for the guests, free condoms and information materials will be distributed at the event.
Participants of the event could be students of the Narva College, pupils of the senior classes of the local schools, representatives of student corporations of Estonia. The ROI from the event is going to be establishing the connections with young people, and engagement them as volunteersa and additionally motivating them to became our “”ambassadors”” to deliver info about condoms availability etc.”
2. We will have an entertaning street event that attracts our audiences to our event by involving circus, drama & music group. We will prepare palm cards, banners & t-shirts with contextualized theme to be used at the event.
Drag queen party
Flashmob-street vogue performance
The third part of Positive Voice’s activities on the occasion of ICD 2018 in Athens will be a flashmob-street vogue performance, in which a crew of dancers will perform in Ermou str (the main shopping street in Athens) and volunteers will distribute free condoms and informative leaflets to the public.
Positive Voice’s activities in Thessaloniki will take place in Aristotelous sq with volunteers preparing and distributing condom packages, urging people to help and learn more about safer sex and condom use. The DJ will create a fun music atmosphere that will be completed with the presence of a Drag Queen wearing a custom made “”LOVE”” condom couture, which will be there to take pictures with the public and mobilize them to engage with the message of ICD 2018 on social media.
On the occasion of International Condom Day, both our mobile units in Athens and Thessaloniki will provide testing services for three days in several municipalities.
Awareness-raising events in 20 cities of Greece
Activity #1: Collaboration with PEARL ACADEMY FASHION INSTITUTE New Delhi for ICD
a. Involve the students to do make Fashion accessories/ garments made out of Condoms as a competition and display the same in ICD event.
All dresses/accessories/lifestyle products made of condoms. The materials (condoms in multi colours) will be provided by AHF to all 4 Pearl Academy centres
Display of the designs in the Public Program at Central Park on Mannequins
Video shoot of the preparatory phase of design and making of the accessories – “BEHIND THE SCREEN” and later compiling it with the ICD Global video / sharing in in YOUTUBE Social Media etc
Safe sexual life is an important part of healthy lifestyle. During the event in the gym we will integrate physical activities, healthy lifestyle, awareness of safe sexual life and fashion also.
Specific testing event will be performed in gay night club. Every person will get a present with package for safer sexual life (e.g. condoms and lubricants) with ICD-2018 logo. Seeking to perform attractive and funny event in the night club every club visitor will get a colourful neon bracelet. Staff will be dressed with T-shirt with ICD-2018 logo.
2) To improve awareness on HIV and condom utilization and conduct HCT among key affected population
1. We would dress a window for 1 day at the bijenkorf with Love Condoms and possible a designed “Garment” by a local or independent designer.
2. Inside the Bijenkorf we would set up a Love condom booth giving away free condoms including card about checkpoint in between the cosmetic department. The booth would also provide information on our program in the Netherlands. We could also provide the warehouse with Love Condom wrapping paper for the warehouse to use for valentines day. The wrapping paper would have our local program/checkpoint information on it.
3. If booth is not possible, we could offer free condoms the whole day at the registers or Valentines day gift wrapping stations or place a big glass box outside filled with condoms to give away. Taking into consideration that the Bijenkorf is a huge warehouse and the traffic is insane we get a window including a live model, this could get a lot of attention from people walking by as well as the press as it is right by DAM squarre and accross from Tram station “lost of traffic”.
To celebrate the International Condom Day (ICD) 2018, the organizers thought of targeting the MSM and TG clans in Metro Manila. They too celebrate Valentine’s Day with a big bang. To remind them that they can fully express their love to their partner, the organizers will provide them a venue for HIV AIDS prevention education and testing as well as to celebrate the Love Month with their friends and have fellowship with other MSM and TG clan members.
The event will be conducted in a venue with swimming pool where dating game and ramp modeling will be conducted. At the end of the activity, a Condom Ambassador for 2017 will be selected. The dating game will focus on fun questions of knowing the other person but would also include questions related to the 2018 ICD theme of condoms always in fashion. The ramp modeling / Condom Ambassador competition on the other hand, will be to showcase the beauty, talent and wit of the participating MSM and TG people. This will include self-introduction with a favorite pick-up line or “kasabihan” (local term for saying), ramp modeling with a condom at hand and a question and answer portion.
The Condom Ambassadors for 2018 will be photographed wth their famous condom promotion pick-up lines which will be shared in the facebook page of partners as well as AHF. Hopefully, they will also be the condom promoters even beyond the ICD 2018 celebration.
GAT will also try to organize the following meetings to discuss distribution of condoms:
– Meeting with National Health Directorate (DGS), responsible for the condom national plan distribution;
– Meeting with the National Prison Health Directorate (DGSP), to discuss condoms availability in prisons;
– Meeting with the Ministry of Education to discuss condom distribution in high schools;
– Meeting with Fast Track Cities consortium.
The ROI will be the increase of LOVE condoms brand and promotion of condom use among young people.
The host will fill the breaks between speeches about rapid telling, methods of contraception, AHF mission, the participants in the competition and encourage regular examinations. During the event, HIV testing will be organized near the shopping center in specially equipped buses which are branded in AHF style
2. Radio/TV talk shows with main focus on:1) HIV prevention; link between multiple sexual partners, STIs, HIV transmission.2)Safer sex and consistent use of condom during every act of intercourse and prevention of unwanted pregnancies.
3. Mobile van in identified hotspots in city ;at every stop, there will be volunteers providing ICD prepared messages and distributing publically free condoms. At the last stop, there will be youth competitions responding to HIV quizes. The four first winners will be given prizes.We plan to have free HIV testing and free condoms distribution where we target to test 2000 and distribute 250000 condoms.
1. Set up a partnership with coffee-to-go network, like Aroma Kava as the biggest network of such kind in Kyiv and most popular among young people, that has both outdoor coffee-points and indoor cafes.
2. Starting from February 10, 2018 coffee-points’ clients will receive coffee cups with special sleevesdelivering messages about safe sex, and Love condom.
3. In parallel, hold a few master-classes on safe sex and correct condom usage with AHF expert(s) in several most crowded cafes within a few days (one event per day in different coffee houses). Master-classes will be promoted in advance via social media and through posters inside the coffee-points. Mobile HIV-testing will be held near the coffee house facility at the day of master-class holding.
4. On February 12, 2018 hold one of such master-classes for youth in cafe in central part of Kyiv together with media event with AHF representatives where the campaign will be presented, the topic of safe sex and condoms, HIV/AIDS transmission and ICD itself will be covered.
Media event elements:
-Short press briefing about World Condom Day
-Educational master-class about safe sex, usage of condoms
-Interviews with café visitors and campaign organizers.
Around 30 coffee-points are expected to be engaged in campaign
Around 500 people are expected to visit master-classes
Around 500 people are expected to pass free HIV testing
Expected campaign reach – 2+ mln contacts